Close to Puget Sound and Mount Rainier, visitors to Life Care Center of Puyallup have many opportunities to explore the area in different ways. For a day trip, we suggest:
- Wild Waves Theme Park is the largest amusement park in the Pacific Northwest. With attractions such as roller coasters, water rides, a children’s area, a zip line and spinning tea cups, there is something for the whole family.
- The Tacoma Regional Convention and Visitors Bureau offers links for all of the attractions, entertainment, restaurants and accommodations the city has to offer.
- Mt. Rainier State Park is one of the oldest parks in America and surrounds Mount Rainier. Visitors can explore waterfalls, trails, meadows, the mountain, forests as well as many glaciers.
- The Washington State Fair takes place annually and features a rodeo. Visitors can ride on carnival rides and roller coasters, see 4-H exhibits, view the animals, watch concerts and attend events throughout the week.
- Northwest Trek Wildlife Park is a zoo where visitors can ride through a 435-acre free-range area with wildlife native to the Northwest, including caribou, elk, wolves, foxes, cougars and bison, or walk through a traditional zoo area.